Monday, March 31, 2008

my first class


Hi All! It has been awhile! Sorry about that. Anyway, I have been working towards being an ESL tutor/assistant. I finished my online training and had my first volunteer session today in a real class. It was supposed to just be an observation but the teacher was cool and let me jump right in and help out. It rocked!! I loved it! I think everyone was Hispanic so there was a lot of Spanish goin' on between them as they interpreted things. We worked on words for clothing, how to ask for a certain size or color, how to return an item, etc. I helped them write out their skits and practice their dialogues and then they had to act their skits out. They were very funny and I got a big kick out of them. The whole class laughed a lot. I am looking forward to continuing this. The next step is placing me in a class for the rest of the school year! Yay!

1 Comments:

At 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats excellent that your doing that Kristin, my friend used to do that at her home with adult students. Kudos to you!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home